Excursion to Luke-Elva with walking tour
The excursion includes 2 km walk in hilly landscape. Participants are asked to wear comfortable walking boots.
The following stops are included:
1) Park of Luke manor house -- 20 km southwest from Tartu. A nice park to walk around and relax.
2) Tõravere observatory -- a short stop on the hill with a nice view over the surrounding landscape.
3) Bus circle in a typical small Estonian city Elva -- 25 km from Tartu.
4) Coffee in motel Vaide.
5) Walking in nature about 2 km in hilly landscape south from Elva at Vitipalu.
6) Hellenurme manor house and park -- once home of a naturalist and explorer of North Professor Alexander Theodor von Middendorff
Excursion to Villages at Lake Peipsi
Theme of the excursion is "Discovering Russian Old Believers on the coast of Lake Peipsi"
The following places are visited:
1) Varnja museum of Old Believers.
2) Fish and Onion restaurant in Kolkja.
3) Alatskivi castle -- considered to be the most picturesque building in Neo-Gothic style in Baltic states.
On our tour we will see a glimpse of customs and religion of Russian Old Believers and how people live on the coast of Lake Peipsi.